Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bestfriends Tale

Wuaaah, I’m about to download Yuzu’s Sakurae MP3 for the 7th time when I saw there’s a notification in my Facebook, “Abdul Jabar tagged you in the note Summer Rain”. CLICK. CLICK CLIK. Voila… I saw his new note post, a song lyric, Summer Rain by Kobukuro (OST Cross Game), a picture is also added. It makes me smile.

Yup, here’s my bestfriend, the bestest bestfriend I ever had. Honestly, I’m willing to write a post about him since a long time ago, but I didn’t get the mood ^^ hihi.

I first met him in 3rd grade of elementary school, we were in different class. I loved to make fun of him, like chased him and caressed his hair with a broom (wow!). Then, we got the same class in 4th grade, he became the class leader. Many girls in the class adored him (hahaha… they told me, actually). We became closer since he took a seat behind me, and it continue until we graduate (sometimes it changed, but most of that time we took seats in the same row).

We became really close after elementary school graduation. There were a very long holiday, and we had no idea how to spend it (yeah, without many references nor money ^^).  He was about to visit my friend’s house (in the neighborhood of my house), but my friend wasn’t at home, he called me and ask to visit my house. Since that day, we spent the holiday together, riding bicycle, visiting friends, and talking much about our favorite football club, Manchester United.

I felt really glad that we attended the same junior high school, moreover, his class was next to my class, I’m 1A and he’s 1B. Because of several circumstances, he was the only friend I had. A friend who accompanied me everywhere, listened to all my stories, and shared activities together. Hahaha… sometimes our intimacy makes misunderstanding among people around us, they always think that we were lovers. Once, a friend of mine asked me, “Probably you fall in love with him, but you don’t really understand what you feel…,” she said. I have no idea to answer. Then I tried to take a little distance with him for a while. And after 3 days of thinking, I had turn to this conclusion, I don’t have that kind of feeling to him, I still don’t know, maybe yes, maybe no, maybe someday, I still haven’t found, but we cannot losing each other (not in “that” perspective).

My life in high school is totally different, I took a different school from him, and actually, I was not accepted in the school he had attended. I learned to live my life by myself, make friends, study, and solve problems… I learnt it all myself. But still, when I’m down, he’s always beside me.

As we grow up, now we are in early 20’s of age, our friendship never changed even a while, we are still as close as usual, but the way we run this friendship maybe a little changed. We are not kids anymore, we have to grow mature. We are not only spending time with having fun together, but also discuss many serious matters; share about life (sometimes love and its stuffs), dreams and plans of future.

And sometimes, still, our closeness makes people misunderstood, our lovers included. I do love him and care of him, in different way. Really, I still haven’t found the right way to explain about the actual relationship between me and he, a platonic friendship is somehow unacceptable for several people. But someday, if I found the next lover, I hope he would understand this friendship, and his (my bestfriend) lover too.

For my bestfriend, 一生に もっと がんばりましょう!!! We’ll surely reach our dreams!!
Back to Jogja so soon, I have so much stories to share with you, and I’m sure you too XP



プラスチックの取っ 手に ぎゅっと手と手を重ねてた
雲が蠢く度に こわばる指

Our hands together, gripping onto the plastic umbrella handle
Our fingers tighten when the clouds start to rumble

今 君と雨に打たれ あの夏を洗い流す
僕の中 積もる 砂のような想い出
今 君と雨に打たれ 誰の事 思い出しているの?
二人の傘に流れる Summer rain

Here with you, showering in the rain, washing away those summer days
Washing away from my heart, the sand of memories that have long gathered
Here you are, showering in the rain, perhaps reminiscing those of the past days?
Falling on our umbrella, that summer rain

Summer Rain – Kobukuro (OST Cross Game)

No comments:

Post a Comment